Thread: How to connect Windows Mail to Exchange server in network

How to connect Windows Mail to Exchange server in network

I need some help to connect Windows Mail to Exchange server. My mailbox is on Windows 2003 SBS Server. I cannot configure the settings. I know the settings for Yahoo/Gmail, but not really aware about configuring Exchange server on the same. I ned some help to work it. Thanks.

You need just valid pop3 and smtp server access that's all. There is nothing special I think. There is no way to find any settings through web. Because it entirely depends on your server. I will recommend you to talk to your admin for getting details on the same. Same like Yahoo/Gmail you just need to add the pop3 or smtp server address and that's all the account is configured. There is no need to go for any special settings. It is quiet simple. Contact your Admin and ask him about the details.

The default pop3 most of the time is exchange.companyname.com. You just need to add this in the incoming mail server. I had configured that on my Outlook. I got the settings from my network admin. Because the mail server is the source from where you would be receiving emails. The emails id lies in this format -- someone@company.com. I will not recommend you to go with any web based settings as it can increase security risk.