Thread: [Google Mail]

[Google Mail]

I have added my Gmail Account to Windows Mail via IMAP. I’ve also set the synchronization of Google Mail folder under imap.googlemail.com. though it can download the folders easily and successfully but it gives me an error message saying:

“Header download for the '[Google Mail]' folder did not complete. Could not select '[Google Mail]' on the IMAP server. You might try refreshing your folder list to synchronize with the IMAP server. Account: 'imap.googlemail.com', Server: 'imap.googlemail.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'Unknown Mailbox: [Google Mail] (Failure)', Port: 993, Secure (SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCCD2’

Though I am not facing any issue with this but I would like to know how can I stop this error so that it won’t create big problem in future.

There doesn’t seems to be any problem in your settings but something is surely wrong in IMAP. As I don’t have enough knowledge of IMAP, but as far as I know you should go to Tools > Accounts > select googlemail account > Properties. Here under IMAP tab, enter [Google Mail] under Root Folder and save the settings.

Now restart Windows mail and see if it appears again.

Re: [Google Mail]

Thanks for the suggestion friend. As you said I went to Root Folder and added the [Google Mail] but that doesn’t seems to be working. Am still getting the same problem.

Any other help please?

Sorry for posting in such a old discussion but I wanted to if anybody managed to get rid of this problem permanently?
    Even I was having the same problem and finally fixed the problem. So thought to share here for other people.

What is did was I right click the Google Mail folder, went to Synchronization Settings and selected Don't Synchronize. That’s it. There is no more errors.