Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

yahoo mail

Windows Vista Mail

Old 13-03-2008

yahoo mail

Hi, I installed Vista 32bit on a new PC and setup windows Mail with yahoo Pop3 account. The setup went fine but am just unable to send or receive any email. I don’t know what the problem is. Can you guys please check? My setup is as follows:
Quote:
Incoming Mail Server (POP3): pop.mail.yahoo.com.au Use SSL, port: 995
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com.au Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication denziljm@yahoo.com.au
And this is the error I keep getting every time:
Quote:
Pop3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate unknown command' Prt 995, Secure (SSL): Yes Server
Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 ail.
Somebody please help

Old 13-03-2008

Re: yhaoo mail

Hello longevity, first of let me tell you that Yahoo wont provide you POP3 access. You need to get Yahoo Plus account by paying extra $20 for the same to get access of POP. The same thing stands for hotmail as well.
Old 13-03-2008

I upgraded my Yahoo to yahoo plus last year just to get it’s pop3 access. If yours is just a normal yahoo email, you wont get it done in Windows Mail or any email client instead of yahoo’s own web based one. You can get more info about the same here: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...ail/index.html

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Tags: ,