Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to send emails - Connection to server has failed

Windows Vista Mail

Old 12-03-2008

Unable to send emails - Connection to server has failed

Though I found many related discussions on this forum but I thought to post a new thread for my problem. Am using Windows mail on Vista 32bit system. Due to some reason am just unable to send any email from windows mail. It gives me an error message saying:

“The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: Test', Account: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.blueyonder.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 80, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E”

As mentioned in various other threads, I tried disabling Email scanner in my Norton Antivirus, Applied the patched given in 941090 by Microsoft but that dint worked. Even tried changing my ports to 80 but yet the same thing.

Hope someone from you can help me out fixing this. Many thanks.

Old 12-03-2008

Re: Unable to send emails - Connection to server has failed

I check the configuration settings provider on your ISP’s page (blueyonder) and they have clearly mentioned that the SMTP ports should be 25 and not 80 as shown in your error above. Why don’t you just reconfigure the mail using the settings provide don this page http://help2.virginmedia.com/help/ge...tup_setupemail
Old 12-03-2008

RE: Unable to send emails - Connection to server has failed

I need a similar help form you all. Am using Windows Vista and Mail since 6 months now, never had any problem. But now, though am not getting any error message nor failure notice, but there is an email stuck in Outbox. It is not getting sent. There was error for just once that said something to “check my disk space or my memory was low”. I remember this much but I don’t know how to check and deal with this.

Expecting working advice form you all. Thank you .
Old 12-03-2008

Re: Unable to send emails - Connection to server has failed

Many people have faced this problem with Windows Mail so far and hence Microsoft has launched a fix for the same. Just visit this KB article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941090/en-us, download and apply the fix given. This will fix the problem.

For more help, you can also check this message stuck in outbox

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Tags: ,