Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can't send email with gmail in windows mail

Windows Vista Mail

Old 11-03-2008

Can't send email with gmail in windows mail

Using Windows mail. Yesterday I was trying to configure my Gmail account as POP3 in the same. Everything went fine but it was neither able to receive nor send any email. It always generate the following error message:

The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was '' '' (emailkatiegould@). Account: 'pop.googlemail.com', Server: 'smtp.googlemail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.5.1 Authentication Required y34sm993081iky.6', Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 11-03-2008

Seems few settings problem in the sever settings. Just open Windows mail, go to tools, and click Accounts. Right click your gmail account and select properties. Under Servers tab, just uncheck the box for "Log on using Secure Password Authentication".

And check mark the box for "My server requires authentication". Now click Apply > OK. Restart Windows Mail and see if you still get the same problem.
Old 10-08-2009

Re: Can't send email with gmail in windows mail

Well according to the error message mentioned above, I guess the most important part is to change socket 25 to 587 and enable incoming and Outgoing ssl. For the compete settings, you should checkout this Gmail’s official support http://support.google.com/mail/bin/a...n&answer=13287

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Tags: , , ,