Thread: Setting up new email account in Windows Mail

Setting up new email account in Windows Mail

Hi, I recently bought a new laptop with Windows Vista. Earlier I was using Windows XP and Outlook as default email client. Now as this is the first time I was going through Windows mail, I searched and found the instruction for adding email account in the same. Followed the steps and tried setting up account for my wife in Windows mail.

I don’t know what went wrong, after finishing the setup it is not working. Whenever I try sending any email from this account, it gives me a pop message asking to enter me username and password again, and it keeps on repeating.

Any help please?

Re: Setting up new email account in Windows Mail

Can I know who your email provider is? I mean what is the part after @ in your mail account? And from where did you got the instructions? Always make sure you follow the instructions mentioned on your service providers official sites because they have better knowledge of their Pop3 access settings.

Thanks a lot for the reply jigu. My email provider is BT Internet and its email address is @btinternet.com. As you saying, I tried searching for instructions on their official page but dint found any.

Can you please tell me what is the mistake am doing in my setup? Thank you .

As far as I have the knowledge of these things, any new person trying to setup Windows mail use to make a common mistake. They actually enter their Name in the field provided for username. Well this is for entering your “email address” and not your name. I’m sure you might have done the same. So just correct it.

Also for more settings and info on your email provider, here is their page with step by step process of setting up pop3/imap mails: http://btybb.custhelp.com/app/answer...,249/a_id/1273