Thread: Windows mail setup

Windows mail setup

Hey guys are quite new for all these things, and hence need some urgent help from you all. I have a desktop computer with Windows Vista and Windows Mail. Now the problem am facing is my ISP is Verizon but I haven’t received any email from Verizon. When I started Windows mail I got Yahoo.com as by default. So I put my yahoo address and configured the settings with keeping incoming.verizon.net and outgoing.verizon.net as SMTP. But it doesn’t seems to be working.

This is the error I get whenever I try sending email:
    “Subject 'blood', Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '250 SIZE 20971520', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 250, Error Number: 0x800CCC7D”

Somebody please help.

Re: Windows mail setup

Dude, how can you use yahoo Account with Verizon email servers? Your settings will never work. If you don’t have Verizon email accounts, and want to use yahoo mail as pop3 than first of all you will need to use Yahoo POP3 settings as follows:
    • Incoming Mail Server (POP3): pop.mail.yahoo.co.in , Use SSL, port: 995
    • Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.co.in , Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication

Secondly, POP3 access is only available for Yahoo Plus account. If you are using normal yahoo account then you will need to upgrade it to PLUS by paying $20 extra.

Re: Windows mail setup

According to the error, it seems like you have enabled the SSL option for the server that won’t recognize it at all. Just contact Verizon and ask them for proper settings. Also if you are trying to access Hotmail or Yahoo, you won’t be able to use it because they both need to be Hotmail Plus or Yahoo Plus.

If it is about Hotmail account, you can use it for free if you upgrade from Windows mail to Windows Live Mail.