Thread: "*.pps is not a valid Win32 application" error message

"*.pps is not a valid Win32 application" error message

I have got Windows Vista on my computer and if I try to open PPS file that is attached to an email message in Windows Mail, then I will get some kind of error that states "*.pps is not a valid Win32 application". I have already installed the Powerpoint Viewer 2007 and when I usually download and save the same file on my computer desktop then it will just open fine. I am also able to open the PPS files just by starting the Powerpoint Viewer 2007 and then browsing my computer for opening it. Since I want to open attachments in Windows Mail, I would like to know who will be able to solve this problem.

I was finally able to solve this problem by going into default programs and then changing the "associate a file type with a program", which was associated to Microsoft Office 2007 Component, to PowerPoint Viewer 2007 and when it was done, I was able to open the attachment in Windows Mail without any issues.

How exactly did you correct that? This is the only part I'm having problems with

Not really that obvious as I found out, I'm probably using the wrong file path to find it since the best I got was 2007 Microsoft Office Componnent and it wont work >.< 2007 Power Point Viewer isn't listed though it is installed

Can you please tell me what file path to use to get to it?

Below is an alternate method to hopefully solve this problem.

1. Click Start->Control Panel->Folder Options.
    2. Click on the File Types tab when the Folder Options dialog appears.
    3. After a few seconds of loading you will see a list of file extensions. Scroll to and highlight the PPS extension.
    4. Click on the Change button.
    5. You will be presented with a list of programs; choose the one which you would like to view PPS files with and then confirm.