Thread: Unable to import Outlook Express emails to Outlook

Importing Outlook Express to Outlook Vista Office 2007

I have various important accounts setup with POP3 in Outlook Express using since 3 years on the same machine that is Windows XP. Recently I bought a new laptop that came with Vista and Office 2007 preinstalled. Now I want to backup my emails from Outlook Express (XP) and put into Outlook 2007 (Vista).

As am new to Vista I don’t have any idea doing that also I don’t want to make any mistake as those mails are very important for me. So, can any one of you please help me for the same?

Re: Importing Outlook Express to Outlook Vista Office 2007

There is an Official Microsoft Article describing steps for doing the same. You need to check it. Its here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...799191033.aspx

Unable to import Outlook Express emails to Outlook

So far I was using Outlook Express as my default email client on Windows XP. Yesterday I installed Windows Vista on my second computer with Office 2007. Now what I want to do is import the messages stored with Outlook Express on XP to my Outlook 2007 on Vista. But am not able to find any option to select folder that I stored the old emails.

I even tried pulling out all old emails to the folder where Outlook stores but yet the same result. I request you guys to please help me importing my mails from Outlook Express to Outlook 2007. Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to import Outlook Express emails to Outlook

Hello friend,

First of all let me tell you that Outlook Express saves the backup in DBX format while outlook only reads PST format. Hence if you want to do what you have mentioned above, Start your XP computer and first pull you mails from OE to Outlook on the same system. Once it is saved in Outlook, create a backup with pst format and then move it to Vista Outlook 2007. It will work.

Re: Unable to import Outlook Express emails to Outlook

In order to import your Outlook Express messages to Outlook, follow these steps:
    • In Outlook, on the File menu, click Import and Export.
    • Click Import Internet Mail and Addresses, and then click Next.
    • Click Outlook Express.
    • Select the Import mail check box.
    • Click Next.
    • Click Finish.
    • To save a copy of the import summary to your Inbox, click Save in Inbox.

Re: Importing Outlook Express to Outlook Vista Office 2007

If you are following the links mentioned in the above URL posted by hindustnidude, they have mentioned that if both Outlook and Outlook express are installed on separate computers than step 7 of the article will not work new computer, that is Vista, because Vista wont have OExpress. So what you need to do is copy the PST from XP to Vista and open it with Outlook 2007 itself.