Thread: setting up windows vista mail with a yahoo email address

setting up windows vista mail with a yahoo email address

Can anyone please tell me how to setup Vista Mail Account with Yahoo account POP, I have tried to follow some online guides to do the same but when everytime I do that then I get an error message that says "pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid user/password', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92g error." It also said that I am suppose to use the yahoo login and password and when I am using it then I am again getting the same error message? Any suggestions are welcome.

You can use the POP with Yahoo! Mail in Microsoft Outlook 2007 by following the below steps:
    1. Go to Tools and Account Settings – below the E-mail tab click New.
    2. Choose E-mail Service. Click on the Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP radio button.
    3. Click the Manually Configure Server Settings or Additional Server Types check box. This will automatically fill in all of the required fields.
    4. Click Next.
    5. Click on the Internet E-mail bubble, then click Next.
    6. Enter the following information:
      Your Name: Display Name you want to use, for example, ABC
      Email address: Full email address, for example, abc@yahoo.com
      Incoming Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com
      Outgoing Mail server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
      User name: The first portion of your email address, for example, abc@yahoo.com
      Password: Your email account password. Put a check on the "Remember Password" checkbox if you want your username and password to be remembered whenever you access your account in Outlook 2007.

You can get more information from this link.

You can download YPOPs! by searching it on the net and install it on your computer. With YahooPOPs you can have the ability to view and respond to emails without connecting to the Yahoo site. YahooPOPs behaves as the Post Office Protocol server for Yahoo. It recovers emails found on Yahoo. To do this, simply create the software (connected to a TCP/IP) and a new account with your password and username on Yahoo. But it must be specified as server "POP3 locahost." To prevent others from using the software for you, remember that the password used should be the same as your Yahoo email. It can also be configured to record the traces of all the actions performed on YahooPOPs! The icon can be hidden for YahooPOPs so it does not appear in the taskbar, freeing up space for other applications.