Thread: Opening Outlook .pst file within windows mail or vista

Opening Outlook .pst file within windows mail or vista

Is there any way to import a pst file in Windows Mail. I am not sure, but there must be some way. Because Outlook and Windows Mail both are mail client. I am moving to some other place and I am planing to sell of my desktop. I have a Vista laptop and it has Windows Mail. I had copied all the .pst file and I do not want to use outlook on vista and it freezes a lot. Can I import all the old mails inside it.

I do not think so. Both are different mail client. Do not directly import it. First take backup of your existing mail setting and inbox and then try to directly import the pst file. I don't know where Vista Mail has any option for importing pst files, but you can check once. I had seen numerous articles where users has asked for option that can allow me them to migrate from one email client to other. But none of them have common settings.

Yes that is correct. There are very less email clients which has common settings. You can import email settings but not the entire inbox. I will not recommend you to do this. Because if you do that and if there is any major error, then your existing setup will be affected. You can keep Outlook for old mails and configure your Account in Windows Mail. That would be a valid alternative.