Thread: can't empty "Deleted Items"folder in Outlook

can't empty "Deleted Items"folder in Outlook

I am using Outlook Express one of my Vista based laptop. There is no problem in receiving or sending mails but the problem is with deleting mails. This started two days ago. Whenever I delete any email from inbox, it goes to “Deleted Folders”. But when I restart Outlook next time, I found that deleted mails back in my inbox.

So I decided to empty the Deleted Folders as well so that they won’t come back to my inbox. I deleted few mails from inbox, they went to Deleted Folders, I tried emptying “Deleted Folders” but it won’t allow me to do that. Isn’t it strange?

Any idea what’s wrong? Please help.

Re: can't empty "Deleted Items"folder in Outlook

Are you sure you using Outlook Express on Windows Vista? I don’t think so because OE is not available for Vista. So either it is Xp or it is Outlook 2007/2003. Also this is not the Outlook section. Friend you must always post your query with proper details in proper section so that people can help you out.

Anyways, till then try applying this fix and see if it works for you: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941090

Thanks for the help and URL friend but that is not my problem. As I stated above, mine messages get deleted from inbox but they come back again after a restart. I don’t think this update can fix my problem.

Dude, the KB941090 mentioned in that article is related to many other bugs of Windows mail. Though they have written only “outbox”, but that file fixes problems related to any folder of your mail. So did you even tried installing it? You should atleast give a try. OR if you don’t want to give a try, just upgrade windows mail to Windows Live mail.