Thread: Windows Mail not working 0x800CCC0F help me please !!!

Windows Mail not working 0x800CCC0F help me please !!!

I am using a brand new laptop with Windows Vista. This laptop is connected with my office network. I’ve configured Windows Mail on the same with all my POP3 accounts. I did this just yesterday night and dint checked whether it is working or not. Today when I came to office and tried using the same, I found that it is just not working. Infact as soon as I opened Live Mail, it gives me the following error:

“Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'test2', Account: 'pop.1and1.co.uk', Server: 'auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.1and1.co.uk', Server: 'pop.1and1.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F”

I tried getting some help from other discussions found at this place. According to them, I uninstalled Norton, disabled Windows Protector, turned off firewalls, etc but nothing seems to be working. As far as ports are concerned i saw in many other PCs in my office they were using ports 110 and 25 were default and work. I don’t have any idea what else I can do to fix this problem. Somebody please help me out getting rid of this annoying errors and problems.

Thank you.

Re: Windows Mail not working 0x800CCC0F help me please !!!

First of all the ports you are using is very surprising for me because I have never seen or heard any server is using. You or your office guys are the first for that. As far as I know A standard setup would use port 110 for POP3 and port 25 for SMTP. Anyway, you should better contact with the server people and ask them for the Windows Live mail setup instructions. I guess they might be having some different unique setting.

Re: Windows Mail not working 0x800CCC0F help me please !!!

I doubt some issue in your incoming and outgoing server. Most probably it seems like you have swapped the incoming and outgoing server names. Can you send us the details of the same ?