Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

error message: default mail client not properly installed

Windows Vista Mail

Old 20-11-2007

error message: default mail client not properly installed

I am using Windows Vista on my computer and whenever I click on a hyperlink to emai some of friends then I am usually getting some kind of a message saying that the message could not be sent because the default email client is not installed. Does anyone know what does this means. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Old 13-01-2008

It seems to me that Windows Mail is not working as a default program and therefore the MailTo protocol is also not working. So to solve this issue, you have to go to Default Programs in Start Menu and Control Panel and after that you can click the first item that will be "Set your default programs." After that various list of programs comes up and then you have to click on Windows Mail. If this doesnt work then you can open Default Programs applet and then click on "Set program access and computer defaults." After that you have to expand the custom selection and then choose Windows Mail and click OK.
Old 23-08-2010

Try the below method and check if that solves your problem:
  1. First of all you have to click Start
  2. After that click Default Programs
  3. Now you have to click Set Program Access and Computer Defaults
  4. After that click Continue
  5. Now you have to click the dot next to Custom
  6. After that click the down arrows next to Custom
  7. You have to now set Choose a default e-mail program = Windows Mail
  8. After that click on other changes as you wish and click OK and close window

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Tags: , ,