Thread: Receiving Spell Check error

Receiving Spell Check error

Hello, I need a bit help form you all. Using Windows Mail on Vista. Since yesterday whenever I create a new mail my spell check is not working at all. Even press F7 key doesn’t helps. It gives ne the following error message instead:

"This language is no longer available for spell checking. Please select another in the spelling options dialog"

I went to see if the problem is at Tools > Options > Spelling but English is already selected over there. Any help?

Re: Receiving Spell Check error

That is small bug with Windows Mail and many users have faced it. But it has a very easy solution.

You just need to go to Tools > Options > Spelling. Here click the triangle next to selected language. Change the language to any other (Chinese for example) and click Apply. Now change it back to English and click Apply > Ok.

That’s it. Restart Windows mail and spell check should be working again.

RE: Receiving Spell Check error

Thanks lot for the suggestion buddy but there seems to be some problem with my Mail. You said to select and other language, but I don’t have any other language in my settings. There is only English and is already selected?

What should i do now?

Re: Receiving Spell Check error

Probably your windows mail copy is missing dictionary. You might have not installed the dictionary hence it is not showing up other languages. You need to search Microsoft Sites for Windows mail Dictionary and install.

But better than I’ll suggest you to simply Upgrade to Windows Live Mail and get rid of all these problems permanently. There are lots more problem in Windows Mail that you may face in future.