Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can't Delete inbox or move

Windows Vista Mail

Old 03-11-2007

Am using Windows Mail on Vista based Dell laptop since three months. Today when I tried to delete my inbox I got an error message saying ?An unknown error has occurred?.

I have never seen this error before. It also wont allow me to move the mails. Any idea what went wrong suddenly?

Old 03-12-2007

Re: Can't Delete inbox or move

Couple of days ago I faced a problem where a mail was stuck in outbox and it was not getting deleted. And due to this one mail I wasn?t even able to send any new messages. After spending few hours on internet I came through a Microsoft Article that helped me to fix the problem. Later few days I faced exactly the same problem which you have mentioned above about inbox on different computer. I applied the same solution and it worked.

So will suggest you to check this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941090/en-us . There is an update for Vista. Just download and apply it. Your problem will be solved.
Old 10-12-2008

Re: how do I delete multiple messages in inbox?

Hey guys, sorry of my problem sounds different to this topic. I am using Windows Live Mail and have about more than 40 thousand mails in my inbox. Now I want to delete them all but if I go deleting page by page it will take more than a week for me. So I wanted to know if it is possible to delete all 40K mails at a time? If yes, please let me know how.

Thank you.
Old 22-08-2010

Thanks for the help Jasonholt. I downloaded KB941090 from the URL you provided though I got the message saying ?It already exists do you want to overwrite?? I simply clicked on Yes but it got failed saying ?this update does not apply?.

I don?t know what could be the reason. Also I am still not able to delete the mails from my inbox. Any other solution?
Old 22-08-2010

The reason for the errors saying ?it already exist? is that update is for Vista SP1 and if am not wrong your Vista is already running with Service Pack 1. So that is not going to work no matter whatever you do. So I will suggest you to try REPAIRING your windows mail. You can use a tool called WMUtil available for download here. this will repair it and fix the problems.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Tags: ,