Thread: Error sending E-mail with Windows Vista and Windows Mail

Error sending E-mail with Windows Vista and Windows Mail

I am not able to send email but can receive it properly. The error that I am getting while sending the email is "An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'E-Mail TEST', Account: 'mail.charter.net', Server: 'mail.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 charter.net connection refused from [75.215.34.235]', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67". This problem started after I downloaded and installed Norton on my computer. Any help please

I think that the SMTP server name that you are using is not proper. And I also believe that Norton is the main root cause of the problem that you are facing. You can try to uninstall Norton first and then see if that fixes the issue. After that while installing other antivirus always turn off the email scanning feature in the same.

When you use Windows Mail on a computer that is running Windows Vista, some messages may become stuck in the Outbox. You cannot send or delete these messages. Every time that you close Windows Mail, you are prompted that there are unsent messages in your Outbox. There might also be messages that are stuck in other folders, such as the Inbox or Deleted folders, that you cannot remove. In order to solve this problem you can download the hotfix given at this page - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941090/en-us