Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Mail contacts...unable to edit!

Windows Vista Mail

Old 28-08-2007

Windows Mail contacts...unable to edit!

I am using Windows Vista and I am not able to edit Windows Mail contacts on it. If i double click on a contact then a window suddenly flashes and then goes away immediately and I am not able to read anything as well. If i click on File >> Import >> Windows Contacts then I am getting an OK button with a red "X" in it, there are no message text which usually says what kind of problem is it. Can anyone help?

Old 29-12-2007

Can you try to go to Start and then All Programs and from there go to Windows Contacts >> Organize >> Properties >> Customize Tab and select \"Contacts\" in the pull-down menu then OK. Also you can try to uninstall a Windows Update KB933928 file, check to see if the problem goes away or not. Or you can even try to switch to Window Live Mail which is more stable than the Windows Live in Vista.
Old 23-08-2009

I found out what the problem was by checking out that there was no application designated to open contact files. And if anyone wants to check this thing out then first of all open the Contacts folder and then right click on any of the contacts and then move the mouse pointer to the top of "Open With". Here you will see that the designated file would be Windows Mail. If it is not Windows Mail then you need to click on "Choose Default Program" and then click browse. After that navigate to the default location for the file which is C:/Program Files/Windows Mail/ and then select "wab". After that click ok and then double click on any contact and then you will get the edit box.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Tags: , ,