Thread: Cannot Send Mail Using Windows Live Mail

Cannot Send Mail Using Windows Live Mail

I have installed and configured Windows Live Mail on my Vista laptop but there seems to be some issue while using the same. Every time I keep getting the following error:

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Read: !!!!YES!!!!', Account: 'Orange', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '451 See http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html.', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 451, Error Number: 0x800CCC6A

Somebody please suggest me some working solution to fix this. I have already wasted more than 7 hours on same.

Re: Cannot Send Mail Using Windows Live Mail

This probably seems to be the Windows Mail conflict with your Antivirus program. Are you using Norton or McAfee? If yes, than that’s the problem. You just need to uninstall them completely from the system to fix this error.

Both these security programs have been named non-compatible with Windows mail because they have email scanning feature that prevent sending and receiving mails in Windows Mail. Though you turn off this feature you will keep getting the error. So better remove them and install Avast.

Hopefully your problem will be solved.

That’s correct buddy. Windows mail has lots of problem with Antiviruses. And not just with Norton or McAfee, I was using NOD32 which was also having email scan feature. I use to keep it turn off but still it use to give me an error saying “the mail attachment is containing worm” however I was not having attachment. When I uninstalled the same, all problem just disappeared.