Thread: "pictures could not be found" in forwarded email

"pictures could not be found" in forwarded email

When I usually forward an email that has comes images in it then sometimes I get the this message: "One or more of the pictures in this message could not be found. When you send this message the pictures will not be included. Are you sure you want to send this message". Can anyone tell me what is going on here on my Windows Vista system? Thank you.

Are you making sure that the pictures that you are trying to forward are not open in some another program? Also are you trying to forward a picture that is already there in the original message or are you trying to insert a new picture? If you are doing the latter then you need to make sure that the picture is closed and not open in any other Photo Gallery or some other software.

I think that you aint starting the proper program before clicking Tools. After that right click on the icon for begin it and then click on Properties. Also, the target should be C:\Program Files\Windows Mail\WinMail.exe but if it is not then its the wrong program. So you will need to click on the Start button and then click on Run, then type that name and then click ok so that it will be clear to you that you are starting the right program. Other workaround that you can do is go to the options send and then uncheck the "reply to message using format in which they were sent." This will definitely work for you.

I have had this same issue on my Vista/Windows Mail system as well. One thing I have found to work is this:

1. Click forward on the offending message.
    2. From within the forwarded message, carefully scroll up and down near the top (or bottom) of the photo (or set of photos), and watch for your cursor to turn into the four-headed arrow. This signifies that you have located the edge of the attachment containing the photos (and likely most of the associated text).
    3. Right-click while you have the four-headed cursor. This will select the attachment. NOTE: You do need to be OUTSIDE of any of the photos (or whatever elements you are attempting to forward) otherwise you will only be selecting an individual photo.
    4. From the right-click context menu that appears, click Cut. This momentarily removes the attachment from the forwarded message.
    5. Click the Edit button and select Select All.
    6. Press the delete button on the keyboard. You now have a blank message.
    7. Right-click in the blank body area and, from this context menu click Paste. This replaces the attachment only.

The message will now forward with no problem. I can only suspect that there is some invisible element in these messages that causes the issue. But by temporarily removing the attachment, and then deleting EVERYTHING else, this seems to rid the message of the offending element.

Good luck.

Re: "pictures could not be found" in forwarded email

Bought a new computer! I had no problem with my old one, running VISTA, with forwarding email in the same format w/pictures (where they are supposed to be) but with Windows 7, under Options, HTML settings, there is no box to check "send pictures with email" like there is with VISTA. Anyone know why MS would take out that option?? I.E. If FWD a MSG that has a pic in the middle, it winds up at the end of the email instead of where it is supposed to be, in the middle. What's with that?? Any help will be appreciated.