Thread: Error Message: Security Certificate

Error Message: Security Certificate

I have Windows Vista running on my machine and whenever I try to send or receive any emails, then I get the below message and also the email and it is really annoying to press yes everytime for it:

"The server you are connected to is using a security certificate. That could not be verified. A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider. Do you want to continue using this server? yes/no".

Is there any solution for this problem. Thanks

It seems to me that it is a server problem. By the way are you trying to connect to a microsoft exchange server because if you are doing so then the best option would be to contact the server administrator. Also, if you have any different accounts with identical settings then you could try to delete the account which is having issues and then restart the Windows Mail and then again create that account. If that doesnt work, then you can eventually try to upgrade to Windows Live Mail and import all the settings which is inbuilt in it.

If you want to resolve this issue, an organization that hosts the secure Web site can purchase a certificate for each Web server from a third-party provider. Or, the organization can install a Microsoft Enterprise certification authority in the Active Directory forest. Then, the organization can use this certification authority to generate a certificate for each Web server. For more information go to this website - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931850