Thread: Having huge problems with Windows Mail

Having huge problems with Windows Mail

I have recently purchased a new computer which is running on Windows Vista. I was able to send and receive emails on it but since today I am not able to do the same. When I try to send/receive then I get the following error message: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.busymummy.co.uk', Server: 'mail.busymummy.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E. I was having mcafee on my computer which I have uninstalled successfully but still I am getting the same error message. Can anyone please help me.

If you have automatic updates turned on your computer then you have to check whether the KB929123 update has been installed on your pc, if so then immediately remove it. This problem occurs due to this Windows Update. Also, since this problem further expands to internet issues, then check if the update KB933566 is installed on your pc and try to uninstall it as well. After that you can choose to set both of this updates to hidden updates so that in the future it wont get installed.

There are many people who are suffering from this sending emails issue. So, therefore you will need to download the wmuti utility from here and save it to your desktop. After that use the same utility by unzipping it with a tool called winrar or winzip so that your email gets compact and the issue should go away. Also, remember that you have to compact your email when ever the dialog appears asking whether you want to compact the email. If still that doesnt work then the only option would to upgrade to Windows Live Mail.