Thread: Windows Mail freezes while checking emails

Windows Mail freezes while checking emails

I need some help in checking mails on Windows Mail. Things were working fine, but somehow there was issue with the mail configuration. I just installed some new updates and I think they are causing the problem. When I check for new mails it freezes. I have to terminate it through Task Manager and while starting it again, it works. I went to Tools > Accounts > Properties > Connections and tried to verify the connectivity. It still freezed on that.

There is no exact reason why this is happening. That is the reason I switch to Thunderbird. I was using Mail, but it started freezing after a few while. I am having AVG in my system. I disabled that and checked but still there was no changes. Because mostly the antivirus is the one which blocks the connection while sending or receiving mails. You can test that once. Turn off the antivirus for sometime. You can also try to turn of email scanner it it is provided separately and then see whether the mail client works or not.

re: Windows Mail freezes while checking emails

I am getting this message: "]The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'czona@neo.rr.com '. Subject '', Account: 'pop-server.neo.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.neo.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '501 5.5.2 RCPT TO syntax error', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 501, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Any suggestions?

Windows Mail Problems

Hi

I have a btinternet mail account which has been working fine for years, however, yesterday we kept getting a message every time we tried to send / receive e-mails asking for a username and password. When I tried to enter the username and password, I got the following message: Account: 'mail.btinternet.com', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate unknown command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18. Can anyone help?

Thanks

re: Windows Mail freezes while checking emails

I know it’s too late reply but it looks that POP3 is not activated for your email account and for that reason you are getting that error message. You can check for that but there may be many other possibility for that. You can refer the below mentioned links which are regarding the same error. I hope that this will help other users who are facing the same issue.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198704