Thread: Can't send email

Can't send email

Got a new Dell XPS 410 laptop with Windows Vista pre-installed and McAfee as security program.. Setup Windows mail with few email accounts. Everything went fine but now when I try sending any email I get a pop up from McAfee saying :

“Email Message Problems.
    One or more email messages cannot be sent - After you verify the format of your recipient addresses, McAfee recommends that you resend those messages from your email program.”

I tried everything I know about windows mail troubleshooting but that dint fixed this. I called Dell guys, they said it is related to McAfee and hence they can’t help. Later I contacted McAfee for the same, they tried helping me for an hour on phone but finally the error still exists.

Now this place is the final hope for me. Somebody please help.

Well the solution is right there I your post. First let me tell you that Norton and McAfee have been already proved to be non compatible with Windows mail. They actually scan all email and incoming mails and block them considering as malicious emails, though they are not. Hence if you want to use Windows Mail, you will hence to remove them completely form your system.

So the only solution is completely uninstall McAfee, restart the computer and start using Windows Mail.

Can't send email

Thanks buddy that really helped. I wasted so many hours and dollars for calling McAfee and Dell whereas the solution was so simple. I removed it and everything seems to be working fine.

Thank you.

Can't send email

Am also facing a problem with Vista and Windows Mail. This is a brand new desktop with Fresh Windows Vista. After setting up windows mail when I tried sending the very first email, I get the following error message:

The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was 'colleen.kelly@merrillcorp.com'. Subject 'Taryn's resume', Account: 'pop.earthlink.net', Server: 'smtpauth.earthlink.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Message not sent - New domain not yet verified', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Any idea how to get rid of this?

Re: cant send email

Problem is with your settings, probably in the outgoing server settings. Just go to Tools > Account > your email account > Properties.

Now go to the servers tab and check mark the box for "My server requires authentication". Click Apple and OK. Now see if you get the same problem.