Thread: Can't send mail - error 0x800CCC7D

Can't send mail - error 0x800CCC7D

I am using Windows Vista and due to the expiration of Outlook trial version, I am now using the Windows Mail. I am able to receive mail but cannot send them and the error that I am getting is the following:

Subject 'test', Account: 'pophm.sympatico.ca', Server: 'smtphm.sympatico.ca', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '250 OK', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 250, Error Number: 0x800CCC7D

Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Although the settings that you might be using would be proper for the server but Windows Mail is very buggy and conflicts with some antivirus applications. So, if you have got either McAfee or Norton antivirus installed on your machine, then immediately remove it. Restart the machine and then try to use Windows Mail again and see if that resolves the issue. After that you can download some antivirus like Avast which is less problematic with Windows Mail. After installing you should also check that you do not turn on the email scanning in the antivirus which will conflict with the windows mail.

Can you try to click on Tools >> Options >> Send >> HTML Settings under Mail Sending Format >> triangle >> then any of the choices listed except None. Incase if you see a checkmark in the box before Allow 8-bit characters in headers then click on it and then click ok. After that click on the Plain Text Settings under Mail Sending Format and incase if you find any dot in the circle before MIME then you have to also make the same changes in the MIME section. After that click OK and then apply and close the box.