Thread: Cannot Send Outgoing Mail in Vista Windows Mail Personal Edition

Cannot Send Outgoing Mail in Vista Windows Mail Personal Edition

If I try to send some outgoing mail message then it will usually get to the Outbox and Windows Mail gives me an error message saying that "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Testing', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'SMTP.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F". Many people are having this issue and there is no real solutions for it. Can anyone help in this matter?

All you need to do is change the SMTP.comcast.net to smtp.comcast.net and see if that works. Or otherwise if you have got Norton antivirus installed on your machine then that may be the problem. You will have to change the settings on outgoing email scanning by simply turning off the "scan outgoing mesages for suspected worms" and the issue will be resolved. Another thing that you can do is by going into Tools and then clicking your account and then going to Properties and then Advance and then changing the outgoing to 587.

I have followed the instructions and changed my account as noted in your post but still I am getting the error message "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.east.cox.net', Server: 'pop.east.cox.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F. Can anybody give some other solutions?