Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cannot delete emails in Windows Mail

Windows Vista Mail

Old 28-03-2007

Cannot delete emails in Windows Mail

I need some help to deal with mail issue on Windows Mail. I cannot get rid of any mail. I tried to manually press and delete it but it is not working. I get a error on my screen saying that message cannot be deleted. All those mails which I am trying to delete are empty. There is nothing in the body. My C drive is entirely full. I am very low on disk space. And maximum amount of space is occupied by the mails.

Old 16-01-2010

It can be due to low file permission problem. I am trying to clean my junk folder and facing exactly the same problem. I created a new account which has all privileges. I was able to wipe out them. You must be logged in as admin to delete any file from your system or those kind of errors are common.
Old 11-08-2010

Here is a common fix for your problem. Exist Windows Mail first. Go to C:\Users\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsMail. In that copy WindowsMail.MSMessageStore and put it safe somewhere. Then delete the file. Run Windows mail back again. This will rebuild the mailstore database and you will be able to delete the mails.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Tags: , ,