Thread: An unknown error has occurred ! This message could not be display

An unknown error has occurred.

I am using Windows Mail and I am not able to send or receive any emails When I send any emails then it just says "error sending" and other times I get another error which states "An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'xxxxx', Server: 'pop.xxxxx.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80090024". I have disabled all the firewall and antivirus that I am using on my computer but still nothing is working. Please help.

You can try to rebuild the message store of Windows Mail and see if that helps. This kind of method will help you rebuild the message store. By rebuilding the message store, only messages that have no errors can be loaded and the messages that have errors should be deleted. For more information visit this website - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941090/en-us

The problem that you are facing while sending/receving emails could be because of the interference of antivirus software that you have installed in your machine. Incase if you have Norton or McAfee antivirus installed, then it will be better if you uninstall them because they are not compatible with Windows Vista. And then download a compatible version of antivirus such as Avast free edition and use it on your computer without any problems. Apart from that you can also download the hotfix from the link posted in the above reply.