Thread: "Warning: Your signature file is too large."

"Warning: Your signature file is too large."

I am trying to create a signature in Word and have saved it as a htm/html file on my computer. But when I open this then for some reason I am getting error message that says "Warning: Your signature file is too large." I dont know what else should I do to fix this problem, does anyone know some kind of tips?

I think that the maximum signature file size should be of 4kb only since it was the same for Outlook Express if compared. The problem with Word is that it usually takes some extra stuff into the file making it to cross its limit of 4kb. But anyhow, have you tried saving the signature as plain text or in .txt file? It will work out for you. You can even try to save the sig in filtered html which would take out some junk in the MS Word that is created and see now if it works for you.

You can create a signature with pictures or logos by following the below steps:
    1. In the main Outlook window, on the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Mail Format tab.
    2. Under Message format, in the Compose in this message format list, click the message format that you want to use the signature with.
    3. Under Signature, click Signatures, and then click New.
    4. In the Enter a name for your new signature box, type a name.
    5. Under Choose how to create your signature, select the option you want.
    6. Click Next.
    7. Click Advanced Edit.
      When the dialog box appears cautioning you that an editor not part of Microsoft Office Outlook will open, click Yes.
    8. Design your signature. When you are ready to insert a picture or logo, on the Insert menu, point to Picture, and then click From File.
      Note: If you are designing your signature in Word, make sure that you press SHIFT+ENTER at the end of each line of text. If you press only ENTER, Outlook inserts your signature so that the recipient sees your signature in double-spaced format.
    9. Close the advanced editor, making sure that you click Yes to save your changes.
    10. When you finish editing the new signature, click OK.

For more information visit this link.