Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

One or more messages in your outbox do not have a valid account specified.

Windows Vista Mail

Old 15-03-2007

One or more messages in your outbox do not have a valid account specified.

Am trying to use Windows mail on Vista but every time I keep getting the error saying "One or more messages in your outbox do not have a valid account specified." It appears when I try deleting any mail.

Any idea what could be the problem? Please provide some working solution.

Old 23-03-2007

I donít know whether it works for other people but this is how I fix it when I get this error. If am not able to delete or open any mail, I simply mark it as read and move it to Draft. And there I can easily delete them. Am doing this since a year and it worked every time.
Old 10-03-2008

Many times your antivirus use to corrupt the Windows Mail database, especially Norton or McAfee because they both are incompatible with Windows Mail. So if you can delete WindowsMail.MSMessageStore, file from both of the following location, windows mail will rebuild a new database were you wonít be facing any such problem:

Quote:
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Microsoft\Windows Mail
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Microsoft\Windows Mail\Backup\New
If you have any recent backup when windows mail was working fine than it will be good because this will delete everything from windows mail. Also you will need to recreate all accounts from scratch. But if you have the backup you can simply restore and everything will be back in working condition.
Old 11-01-2010

Thanks for sharing this info T.J. Its quite useful. I was the same problem and Norton have given me several problems since i started using WM. But yesterday i think it corrupted my database. Hence i followed the steps you provided and now everything seems to be working fine. Appreciated.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Tags: , ,