Thread: Windows Mail - cannot receive or send

Windows Mail - cannot receive or send

I have Windows Vista on my computer and today there was an automatic update done by it. After that I am not able to access or send mail. When I try to send then I get an error message that says "The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.btinternet.com', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E". I have also tried the System Restore function but that didnt help me. I have also turned off email scanning from Norton but that is still now working. Is there any resolution to this problem?

I have heard that Norton Antivirus with Windows Mail is not at all compatible, it should be removed or uninstalled immediately from the system completely. There were many users who were having same problem and when they removed the mcafee and norton antivirus then the problem seems to have solved. Either ways, have you tried sending an email to yourself and checked if it is arriving? Do you get any kind of error message when you click on Send/Receive button?

Even I was having same problem after the automatic update of Windows Vista. In my case I was not able to access the internet as well along with the email accessing. I was behind and router and there also I was not able to access. So, after checking for the same updates I found that by uninstalling the KB933566 for Internet Explorer and KB929123 for Windows Mail, I was able to access the emails again and was able to surf the internet as well. This problem definitely has to got something to do with this 2 updates which should be removed immediately untill microsoft pushes some hotfix for the same.