Thread: Windows mail - CAN'T SEND MAIL!! Error message - 0x800CC0F

Windows mail - CAN'T SEND MAIL!! Error message - 0x800CC0F

Hi,

I’m using Windows Mail on Vista laptop. Just configured all my mail POP3 accounts in Windows mail. Now the problem am facing is I am not able to send any email from this, but there is no issue in the reception. I get all mails properly, just can’t send emails. Every time I try sending, it gives me an error message code 0c800CCC0F.

Do anyone of you have any idea what could be the problem ? Thanks for all your helps.

Which Antivirus have you installed on your system? You need to disable it or uninstall it to fix this problem.

Am saying this because I have been struggling with exactly the same problem about a month ago. In my case whenever I use to send a message to anyone, my McAfee use to give me notification that ‘The out mail may have a worm attached’. Offcourse there was nothing like that. I was just sending a plain text email without any attachment.

So I just removed McAfee and tried sending the mail, guess what, there was no more error. So, hope you got what you need to do.

Most probably Norton and McAfee create problems with windows mail because they have feature of email scanning. Actually it is for your security but that is the side effect too like Jemond mentioned above. So, before removing them completely from your system, you can just try to TURN OFF their Email Scanning feature and see if it works. If still get the problem, then surely remove them and download/install and security suite that wont have email scanning feature.