Thread: How to use Outlook Express in Windows 7

How to use Outlook Express in Windows 7

I have recently installed Windows 7 beta on my machine and i was wondering if there is anyway to install and use Outlook Express or Windows Mail of Vista on this new operating system. I have searched many forums to get an answer for same but every where it was written that it is not possible. Is there any kind of trick for same? Thanks.

Well, the only option left for you is to avoid upgrading to Windows 7 if you want to use WinMail or Outlook Express. There are many features in Windows 7 compared to Windows XP and therefore the old mailing are disabled. Another option for you would be to use Windows XP mode in virtual pc in Windows 7 and then you will be able to install OE and WinMail on Windows 7

I am afraid that you cant use Outlook Express or Windows Mail on Windows 7 because it doesnt come with an email program, but there are alternatives like such you can download and install and run Windows Live Mail or Mozilla Thunderbird. Also, Windows 7's Windows Easy Transfer lets you to copy Outlook Express settings, contacts, and messages from an old pc to a new Windows 7 pc that you can view from here - http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/w...windows-7.aspx