Thread: Minimizing to System Tray

Minimizing to System Tray

I am on Windows Vista and I wanted to know that whether we can minimize the Windows Mail to the system tray or the quick launch that you used to do similarly with Windows Live Mail and Outlook. I have tried searching for an answer to this question but there are nothing. Can anyone please let me know how to find out for same?

I dont think that in Windows Mail this functionality is supported but there were some Microsoft MVP's who had created an application that will let you to control Windows Mail from the system tray and you will also get the option to minimize it without any issues, you can download the same file from this link - http://www.msblog.org/download/WinMailTray.zip

I have recently found out a way for minimizing the Windows Mail. When you have open Windows Mail then you need on click on the Windows Mail Tray "Envelope" and select the option to Hide, it will work like any other notification application. So, you need to remember that you should not click on the X cross to close the Windows Mail in order to work, but you should click on Hide on the System tray Envelope by right clicking on it, so that Windows Mail will be open still and alert you for every incoming emails that you are receiving on your computer