Thread: the message could not be deleted

the message could not be deleted

I have Windows Vista on my computer and when using Windows Mail and there is a message in my inbox which I can neither move and nor delete. Since the message is from a reliable source there is no problem with it, but still I want to remove it which I am not able to do. Can anyone please help me out in this situation. Thanks

Can you go to View and then Layout and then turn off the preview pane and then try to delete it and see if that works. Another option that you can use is that by going into Tools > Options > Advanced > Maintenance and when you find the compact after 100 closings, then set it to 1. After that close Windows Mail and it will propmt to compact and when it starts to do, then click on yes and let it do its own thing. Now you have to reopen Windows Mail and then change the same valuse back to 100 and see if the message is still there and could be deleted.

You can download and install a Vista update that may resolve this problem. There are two download packages available: one for the 32-bit version of Vista and one for the 64-bit version. Download the appropriate package and install the update on your computer from here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941090/en-us. Hope this helps.