Thread: Deleted Messages can't be deleted from "Deleted Items"

Deleted Messages can't be deleted from "Deleted Items"

I am trying to empty the deleted items folder but whenever I do that then I get some kind of "unknown error has occurred" message. So it simply means that items that are already deleted cant be deleted from the deleted folder. If I right click and select to empty folder then it will delete only one item in the same folder but not every other items. If i go to junk folder then it will work fine. Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue?

I think that the deleted items folder might be corrupted. So what you can do is go to Tools and then Options and then Maintenance and then Store Folder and that check where Outlook Express is storing its data files. After that close Outlook express and then go to store folder in Windows Explorer and then try to delete the Items.dbx. After that when you will open Outlook Express then it will build a new deleted item folder. If you want to keep some messages from the deleted item then you can try to move it to an empty folder in Windows. After that you can use the DBXtract on the old deleted items.dbx. DBXtract will normally cost you some extra cash and once you have installed it in your pc then you can drag the recovered messages from the Windows folder back into the Outlook Express folder in the folder list.

You can try to resolve this problem by using the Mdbvu32.exe utility to identify and to delete corrupted e-mail messages. The Mdbvu32.exe utility is an Extended MAPI message store viewer. More information you can find out over here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832562/en-us