Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

windows mail no outgoing messages

Windows Vista Mail

Old 13-09-2011

windows mail no outgoing messages

hi, i can receive mail but not send mail, i am getting the following message
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: urgent samples', Account: 'pop.dsl.pipex.com', Server: 'smtp.dsl.pipex.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

i have not changed anything recently, can you advise a possible answer to this problem

Old 13-09-2011

Re: windows mail no outgoing messages

You can try the below suggestions and give it a try to diagnose the issue:

1. The Outgoing (SMTP) server requires authentication.
If you are using Outlook Express you should check the box 'My server requires authentication'.

2. If you are behind a firewall, we may be unable to authenticate you.
If you have a personal firewall, try lowering the security or disabling it to see if it is causing the issue. (Remember to re-enable it after testing)

Also refer to some similar kind of threads and solutions given to them here - Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E for VALID POP Server
Old 03-11-2011

Re: windows mail no outgoing messages

I can't send out either. I changed the ports to 465(outgoing) and 995 (incoming) from the defaults per another forum suggestion. Here is my error message:
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Data from Medical Terminology AP Check Box 150 Completed test', Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Tags: , , , ,