Thread: "The connection to the server has failed."

"The connection to the server has failed."

I am running Windows Vista on my machine and after setting up microsoft mail to ge the aol information that I wanted, all I got was the following error message - "The connection to the server has failed." I am not able to understand why I am getting this error, so if anybody knows how to get rid of this message it would be appreciated.

I think that instead of Windows Visa problem it seems to me that it is definitely an Internet connection issue. Did you make sure that you are able to browse different webistes successfully with any internet browsers? Or are you only facing problem while receiving or sending email? If you have any antivirus installed on your computer then you have to make sure that it is not configured to scan emails.

You should have posted the complete error message that you were getting because then we can come to some conclusion like what kind of problem it really is. Also, as you may noted, due to some interference from an antivirus software different kind of Windows Mail problems occur. So you can either turn of email scanning in your antivirus or you can directly uninstall all the components of the antivirus like Norton and Mcafee and then install the free version of Avast antivirus.