Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail Send/Receive Problem

Windows Vista Mail

Old 21-10-2009

Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail Send/Receive Problem

I?m using Vista Home Premium 64bit system since past 1 month and yesterday I installed McAfee after getting recommended by someone because it is has the auto spam filtering feature in Windows mail. So far I was using Vista Mail and due to this I removed the same and installed Windows live Mail. Now the problem am facing is that I am no longer able to send or receive mails. It gets failed every time with the following error message:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.bizmail.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.bizmail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure (SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I thought reverting back to Vista Mail will fix the problem but that too is unable to send the messages any more. So I downloaded MCPR.exe McAfee removal tool and uninstalled Antivirus from my system. Even deleted all my accounts and recreated them again in Live mail but yet getting the same problem.

Can any one please help me out of this annoying problem? Thanks in advance.

Old 21-10-2009

Re: Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail Send/Receive Problem

First of all it was not necessary to uninstall the antivirus; you could have just disabled its email scanning feature. Anyway, which antivirus are you using now? Have you disabled email scanning in this one?

Apart from this, I would like to suggest you to restore your system to any previous working point, probably if there is any restore point before installing McAfee. Hope fully it should work.
Old 21-10-2009

Re: Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail Send/Receive Problem

Let me tell you that if you are trying to configure Yahoo email accounts or Hotmail then you will need to upgrade your services. I mean, you need to buy Yahoo Plus or Hotmail Plus account by paying them extra because the free version wont provide you POP3 access. Only Gmail is the one that provides you free Pop3 access. So did you tried setting up and Gmail account so far with Live Mail or Vista Mail.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Tags: ,