Thread: Can't set Yahoo as my default email client

Can't set Yahoo as my default email client

I have been using Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 and have internet explorer 7 on it. Now, what I want to do is that I want to make yahoo as my default homepage as well as yahoo mail to my default email client instead of Windows Mail or Outlook. So, when I go to the window where I have to select my default programs then I cannot find yahoo anywhere listed there. I have also found out that if we install yahoo toolbar then yahoo mail should be listed there but it is not there. Can anyone help me?

I dont think that yahoo mail can be selected as a default program from within Windows Vista operating system. Due to many installations of different applications yahoo program doesnt get detected by them. This is actually an ongoing issue when Vista first came out and it is not yet fixed at the moment.

Though Windows Mail is used as the default e‑mail program by web browsers and other programs that support sending e‑mail, you can choose a different e‑mail program as the default. If you decide you want to change the default e‑mail program back to Windows Mail, you can do so at any time.

1. Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Default Programs.
    2. Click Set your default programs.
    3. Under Programs, click the e‑mail program you'd like to use, and then click Set this program as default.
    4. Click OK.

More information can be found here - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...e-mail-program