Thread: Unable to send email from Word or Pictures

Unable to send email from Word or Pictures

Am using Windows Vista and Office 2007. Both these are genuine products activated with genuine Product key. I also use Vista Mail as my default mail client. Now the problem am facing is when I click the “Send Email” option in MS Word, surprisingly I get a pop up asking for Product key though the office is already activated. Anyway, I put the product key for Office and when I click OK, it says Invalid Product key. That is more annoying because I know my product keys are correct. The same thing happens when I click Send Mail option from MS Paint.

I don’t have any idea what is going wrong and how can I fix it. Somebody please help me.

Re: Unable to send email from Word or Pictures

Can you properly check for what product key the pop up box was asking? I don’t think it is for Office 2007 because when you click Send Mail option, the system searches for the Default Mail client. And I guess Vista Mail is not set up as Default, hence when you click send mail, system searches for the default one and may it requires product key.

Anyways, the very simple solution is to set up Vista Mail as default. Just go to start menu and type Default Programs. Press Enter. Now select the very first option, that is Set Default programs. Here select Vista mail and click Set this as default program. Now try clicking Send mail option from Paint or Word and see if you get the same problem.