Thread: Cannot open email message links.

Cannot open email messae links.

I’m having Windows Vista and using Windows mail as my default client for POP3 accounts. I received few emails from boss that contains URLs of our website. But when I click on these URLs instead of opening it in browser it gives me an error message saying:

“Application not found”

There is no problem with those url because I can open them properly by copy/pasting them in browser address bar. So can anyone here please tell me whats wrong with Windows mail?

The solution for this is very simple. As you don’t have any web browser set as default, windows mail is not able to find any browser program to launch the URL. Hence you get that error.

• So what you need to do is go to Start > Control panel > Programs > Default programs > Set default Programs.
    • Now from the list of programs, select Internet Explorer and click Set as Default.
    • Go back and do this for Windows mail as well.

For better results, restart Vista and try clicking those URLs again. It should work properly.

Thanks for the solution JUSTICE. I followed the instructions and set Internet explorer as default program. But what do you mean when you say do the same thing for the "Windows Mail"? Can you please be specific because I don’t want to make any mistake here. Thank you.

It means that like you made Internet Explorer default program for web based URL, do the same to Windows Mail as Email handler.

For more help, you can also see this discussion:
    Cannot open email message links.