Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Troubleshoot windows mail

Windows Vista Mail

Old 30-04-2009

Troubleshoot windows mail

One of my colleague bought a new laptop with Windows Vista 32 bit. Now as he is a bit newbie in computers, told me to configure Windows Mail for him. Well we tried doing the same and finished the setup. But when we click on Send or receive, it generated the following error message:

Quote:
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was 'natanyafeigin@gmail.com'. Subject 'Re: hi', Account: 'pop3.mweb.co.za', Server: 'smtp.vodacom.co.za', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 <natanyafeigin@gmail.com>: Recipient address
rejected: Access denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
None of us have any information about such a big error. Can anyone of you please help us to get rid of this problem? Thanks in advance.

Old 30-04-2009

Many users face this problem with Windows mail but it is actually related to your server, in your case its Vodacom. Anyway, just launch Windows mail, go to Tools > Accounts > right click your email account > Properties. Now go to Server Tab and check mark the box for “My server requires authentication". Save the settings and restart Windows mail.

See if it helps.
Old 01-05-2009

Hello Hiya, did you tried sending mail to any other email address apart from natanyafeigin@gmail.com because even I tried sending test mail to this address and in return got Invalid Email mailbox error. That means the problem is right from the recipients end. Probably he might have discontinued this account.
Old 07-11-2009

Even me with the same problem. Unable to send email since last four days. Whenever I try, I use to get this error:

The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was 'MikeHable@.new.rr.com'. Subject 'sd', Account: 'pop-server.new.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.new.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '501 5.5.2 MAIL FROM syntax error', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 501, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
Old 19-05-2010

Re: Troubleshoot windows mail

Just go to your email account > properties under Tools. And under Servers Tab, just remove the check box mark for “Always Connect Using”. Click Apply > Ok and restart windows mail. See if it helps.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Tags: , , ,