Thread: Cannot open jpg attachment in windows mail (Vista)

Cannot open jpg attachment in windows mail (Vista)

I have received few mails with JPEG files attached in Windows mail. When I clicked on the same to view them, I get the following error message “Windows can't find jpg file”. For testing the same I even tried opening attachment from sent mails but still get the same error.

It is Windows Vista Home Premium with Windows mail and Internet Explorer 8. Any help?

Re: Cannot open jpg attachment in windows mail (Vista)

Have you installed Internet Explorer 8 recently? I guess so because the error “Windows can't find jpg file” is truly related to IE8 itself as it corrupt a pointer to the Temporary Internet Files (TIF) folder. So the only suggestion I can give you is to remove Internet Explorer 8 to get rid of this error.

As IE8 will not be listed in Add and Remove programs, you can check this KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700 to know how you can uninstall it.

That’s correct dude. Even I wasn’t able to open Office as well as Jpg files when I upgraded my browser to IE8. After lost of research I found that removing the browser will fix the problem. I did the same and its working fine now. You don’t need to worry about the browser because as soon as you will remove the same, you will get Internet explorer 7 automatically.

Thanks for the same buddy. Even I was struggling with this since a week and finally managed to get it done. Reverted back to IE7 and windows mail attachments seems to be working now.

But I have a question here, does that means we wont be able to use Internet Explorer 8 until we are using Windows mail? Is Microsoft going to do something about this?

As IE8 is launched soon I don’t think Microsoft has even knowledge about this conflict between Windows mail and Internet Explorer. Hope people have reported this to Microsoft so that they could release some fix for the same.