Thread: Migrating from Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail or Outlook 2007

Migrating from Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail or Outlook 2007

Hi, am running Vista Home Premium 64bit laptop. I was using Windows Mail as my default email client from the past 6 months. Now I want to move everything to either outlook 2007 or Windows Live Mail.

Now can anyone tell me which one should I go for? I mean, is it WLM or Outlook? Which one will be better as per the features? Also let me know how can I import/export my entire backup from Windows mail including emails, contacts, accounts etc? Thanks in advance.

Re: Migrating from Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail or Outlook 2007

I don’t think there is any kind of comparison between windows live mail and outlook because outlook is mostly used for business environment whereas WLM is used for various markets. They both are best at their own places. For example Outlook offers so much of features that you or me don’t at all require and hence it feels resource hungry. At the other hand Windows Live has limited but all required services but people who are heavy users feel outlook as better.

As far as features comparison is concerned, you can just compare them yourself from the following pages: Outlook features http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...061033.aspxand Windows Live Features http://download.live.com/wlmail

Now talking about importing and exporting, if you go with windows live, it will migrate everything from windows live automatically whereas if you go with Outlook, yiou will need to backup them first and export them to outlook 2007 manually.