Thread: Converting Windows (Vista) Mail to Mac Mail

Converting Windows (Vista) Mail to Mac Mail

Hey guys, need very important advice from you all. I am a Vista user but recently bought a new mac computer and configured pop3 accounts there also. And seems like I may need to work on mac itself for next few months. So I wanted to know if there is any way I can backup my Windows mail to Mac mails so that I wont miss any of my mails. Can you guys please tell me if there is any way for doing the same?

There are various ways of doing the same. You can use any third party tool, or you can do it by importing .eml files Or you can also do it by using Eudora as an intermediary. You should just checkout this article at mvps http://www.office.mvps.org/cross_platform/win_mac.html for the complete list of methods.

Well I don’t know how we can do it manually but I had done this earlier for one of my friends using a tool called “Windows Live Mail to Mac Mail Converter”. This will convert all your windows live mails to mbox format that can be imported easily into mac mails. Just google for the same and download it.