Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Password and username pop up box and windows security error comes

Windows Vista Mail

Old 05-02-2009

Password and username pop up box and windows security error comes

Am using Vista Mail and able to send and receive messages through POP3 accounts. However, after sending or receiving any email, I get a pop up asking for username and password. ID and passwords are already saved there with the checkbox marked but still I keep getting it. Every time I need to click OK on the same to move ahead.

Another problem that started today itself is after this pop up box goes, I get a windows security error box with Account:

Quote:
'mail.bigpond.com (1)', Server: 'mail.bigpond.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR a user name MUST be entered', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91.
I donít have any idea how can I fix the same. Can you guys please help me out fixing this ? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-02-2009

Re: Password and username pop up box and windows security error comes

Which antivirus are you using with your system? In my case it was Norton creating the problem. No matter whichever antivirus you are using just make sure to keep the email scanning disabled in the AntiVirus programs. If still you get the same errors, you may need to completely uninstall these security programs.

I was able to fix the problem by uninstalling the Antivirus but have seen few guys in my group who face those errors even therafter. In such cases you will need to upgrade/re-install vista mail itself. So here is the link you can download the new one http://download.live.com/wlmail

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Tags: , ,