Thread: remove windows mail as my default mail program

remove windows mail as my default mail program

I was wondering how do I remove Windows Mail as my default mail application. I have tried various things but nothing seems to be working. I am trying to set Incredimail as my default program and when I try to do it, then I get some message in which I have to be the admin of the computer to do this and tells me to contact my system administrator. Can anyone please help me out in this situation.

You can try to choose a different email program as default although windows mail is used as default email program by web browsers and many other applications. So to do the same, you need to click on open set program access and computer defaults and when you are prompted for an administrator password and confirmation, type the password. After that you will need to click Custom which will be under choose a configuration. Then under choose a default email program, you have to click the email program that you would like to use and then click OK.

I dont think that Incredimail is still not compatible with Windows Vista. Unless the Incredimail developers launch a Windows Vista compatible version you cannot use Incredimail as a default mail program in the same operating system. In any case, why dont you try the new Windows Live Mail which is more advanced and bug free version than the Windows Mail in Vista.