Thread: att.yahoo on windows mail e-mail client

att.yahoo on windows mail e-mail client

I was previously using some ISP to get my email which is not upgraded to att.yahoo. I have already tried to put in all the setting they have told me to put but I am still getting the below error messages if I am trying to access my email via Windows Mail:

Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate unknown command', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

Can anyone help me out?

Have you tried to turn off the email scanning in the antivirus that you maybe using on your machine? Normally, this feature gives no additional protection and therfore it might be causing the error. I also hope that you have properly configured the account in Windows Mail, or otherwise you will get the same error. You can also try to go to Tools > Accounts > select that mail account > Properties > Servers and then uncheck the box for "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" and see if that helps.

Folks none of those will work. ATT is updating server mail programming. The temp fix is to logg in via your web mail account and then your email client will download just fine. Folks using the att software where it dials up and loggs you in will not have this issue.. many of us that are not using the AT&T software because we are on routers, or various other reasons will have this issue till the programmers change it on the servers.