Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

An error occurred while initializing MAPI

Windows Vista Mail

Old 01-01-2009

An error occurred while initializing MAPI

Am trying to export windows mail to export a email into Microsoft Exchange but haven’t got it done yet because of an error message that keeps on prompting ever time stating “The export could not be preformed. An error occurred while initializing MAPI”

I don’t have any idea how I can fix this error. Can anyone here help me getting rid of this? Thank you.

Old 03-01-2009

Re: An error occurred while initializing MAPI

To get rid of this error the very simple solution is Outlook must be installed on the computer on which you are carrying out this process. Is it installed ? If not, install it now and make sure that it is setup with the profile containing pst file attached.
Old 03-01-2009

Alrigth buddy. So that is the problem. I was having Outlook installed earlier but removed it. Anyway, will install it again as you said and will let you know if the problem occurs. Thanks by the way.
Old 03-08-2009

Re: An error occurred while initializing MAPI

Hello friend, did you managed to fix your problem? I’m also facing the error “MAPI initialization failure” while exporting emails from WM to OL 2003.

I tried exporting with outlook as well as without outlook but the same error appear. Also tried repairing Office with the original Office installation disk yet no help.

Any other solution?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Tags: , , , ,